Saturday, October 10, 2015

Effective Communication

I have really enjoyed being in this Family Relations class.  I love being in college classes because I love having so many people's thoughts and opinions influence mine.  I think that a lot of people don't like to have too many influences because they are set in their thoughts, but I am the complete opposite.  I love having other people to teach me new things and show me new perspectives.  Over the past few weeks, it has been more than the content of the class that has inspired me.  Last week we did a couple role plays in class and I really liked them.  Something that I loved was Brother Williams, our teacher, and the impressive way that he would handle and lead them.  I think that this is something that we can all learn from.  He is a marriage and family therapist and I noticed that he does a lot of mirroring feelings.  I think that if we all do this that there can be a lot of stress and conflict resolved within familial bounds.  I think that as we learn to step back and hear people for what they are saying and not for what we want to say back, it will be much easier to communicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment